In addition, the lack of implementing legislation, weak compliance enforcement by the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), and the lack of support to the Money Laundering Reporting Office (MLRO), Iraq's financial intelligence unit, undermine Iraq's ability to counter terrorist financing and money laundering.
What does MROS stand for?
MROS stands for Money Laundering Reporting Office
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MROS
We have 1 other meaning of MROS in our Acronym Attic
- Men's Rite of Passage (spiritual retreat)
- Mentally Retarded Offender Program (Texas)
- Microwave-Assisted Ring-Opening Polymerization
- Multiple Resort Ownership Plan (timeshare program)
- Market Rate of Return
- Maintenance Ratio at Organizational Level
- Maintenance, Repair, and Operating Supplies (purchasing/procurement)
- Management Recruiters of Scranton (Chinchilla, PA)
- Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome
- Midi Real-time Operating System
- Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
- Mobile Read-Only Transaction
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Technology Center (Tinker Air Force Base, OK)
- Multi Reflector Operating Theatre Lamp
- Marine Radio Operators VHF (Very High Frequency) Certificate of Proficiency
- Munich R Oldenbourg Verlag GmbH (German; scientific publication)
- Multiple Reader One Writer (code)
- Machine Reading Program (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency; US DoD)
- Machine Repair Problem
- Machine-Readable Passport
Samples in periodicals archive:
The probe was started by Switzerland's Money Laundering Reporting Office after it received a complaint from London-based Hermitage Capital Management, which claimed that the husband of a former Russian tax official used Credit Suisse (NYSE: CS) bank accounts to launder money.
A spokesman added that 37pc of reports took between 30 and 90 days to pass from Abbey's money laundering reporting office to NCIS, with a further 12pc submitted more than 120 days later.