Subjects addressed include: a brief review of set theory, probability basics, random variables and distributions, expectation and functions of random variables, moment-generating functions, approximate and limiting behavior, and joint, marginal, and conditional distributions.
What does MGF stand for?
MGF stands for Moment-Generating Function
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGF
We have 58 other meanings of MGF in our Acronym Attic
- Malagasy Franc (ISO currency code)
- Mask Generation Function
- Materials and Geometry Format
- Médecins Généralistes de France (French: General Practitioners of France)
- Metallized Glass-Fibre chaff
- Michigan Geographic Framework
- Moanlua Gardens Foundation
- Mobile Games Forum
- Mobile Guerrilla Force
- Modernising Government Fund
- Morning Glory Farm (Edgartown, MA)
- Multi-Generation Fund
- Multigrade Filter (water filtration)
- Museums and Galleries Foundation (Australia)
- Myxoma Growth Factor
- Modernising Government Fund 3 (UK)
- Maine Government Facilities Authority
- Maintenance Guarantee Fund Administration
- Metal Gear Forever Agency
- Meteor Garden Fan Art
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second part of the text is for the more mathematically inclined and discusses properties of the expected value, continuous distributions, probability distributions of a single random variable, joint probability distributions for dependent random variables, the multivariate normal distribution, conditional distributions, and moment-generating functions.
The hierarchical nature of the probability mass function (pmf) also allows one to calculate moments and the moment-generating function in most cases.