5 magnitude earthquake on Sunday that exposed about 25,000 people to "very strong" shaking per the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale.
What does MMI stand for?
MMI stands for Modified Mercalli Intensity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMI
We have 251 other meanings of MMI in our Acronym Attic
- Mind/Machine Interface (gaming)
- Ministry of Mines and Industry
- Minuteman I
- Miss May I (band)
- Missionaries of Mary Immaculate
- Mitsui Matsushima International (Japan)
- Mixed Mode Interpretation
- Mixed-Mode Interface
- Mobile Math Initiative
- Modem Management Interface (Cisco)
- Molecular Machines & Industries (various locations)
- Molecular Medicine Institute (University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Money Management Institute (Washington, DC)
- Money Management International
- Money Management, Inc.
- Money Market Instruments
- Mono-Methyl Indium
- Monolithic Memories, Inc. (est. 1969; computer devices)
- Morey Metal Industries, Inc (Trenton, NJ)
- Mother May I (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Table 2, a summary of the Modified Mercalli intensity levels for those New Brunswick communities that reported having experienced the effects of these earthquakes is presented.
Attenuation of Modified Mercalli intensity with distance from the epicentre.