Included among her responsibilities was enforcement of the Modified Final Judgment (MFJ) that broke up the Bell System.
What does MFJ stand for?
MFJ stands for Modified Final Judgment
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of MFJ
We have 9 other meanings of MFJ in our Acronym Attic
- Microcontroller Framed Innovative Technology Instruments for Adaptive Control
- Milano Finanza Intelligence Unit (Italy)
- Mort Foetale in Utero (French: Fetal Death in Utero)
- Maneuver Fires Integration Exercise
- Maison Franco-Japonaise (French: Franco-Japanese House; Japan)
- March for Justice (social activism)
- Married Filing Jointly
- Martin F. Jue (founder of MFJ Enterprises, Inc.)
- Melbourne Fine Jewellery (trade show; Australia)
- Millennium Film Journal (est. 1977)
- Motorcycle Federation of Japan (motorcycle racing)
- Middle Fork John Day (watershed; Oregon)
- Middle Fork John Day River (Oregon)
- Mexican Federal Judicial Police (now Federal Agency of Investigation)
- Migrant Farmworker Justice Project (Florida)
- Mindoro for Justice and Peace (Philippines)
- My Favorite Japanese Restaurant (blog/website)
- Made for Kings (clothing line)
- Mass Fluctuation Kinetics
- Meds & Food for Kids (Haiti and US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Information services Under the terms of Modified Final Judgment (MFJ), the Bell companies are allowed to provide basic telephone services only.
Due to restrictions contained in the Modified Final Judgment, however, Bellcore would work on products that would be marketed only outside of the United States.
16 /PRNewswire/ -- With a demonstrated propensity for anticompetitive behavior as well as a monopolistic grip on the local exchange market so complete that competitors have less than one-half of one percent of market share, the Bell Operating Companies must remain under federal oversight and enforcement, Teleport Communications Group said today in comments it filed with the Department of Justice opposing the BOCs' request for a lifting of the Modified Final Judgment.
Legislating away the antitrust protections of the Modified Final Judgment (which I negotiated on behalf of the Reagan administration) while the RBOCs hold this monopoly would be a setback to competition in long distance and, indeed, in a large number of other "information services" dependent upon access to the local switch.
If the court denies BellSouth's request, it has asked, alternatively, that the court waive these restrictions of the Modified Final Judgment, which would have the same effect.
Such an activity is prohibited by the Modified Final Judgment that broke up the Bell System.
23 /PRNewswire/ -- MCI today issued the following statement with regard to the introduction of the Brooks-Dingell Bill: "MCI welcomes the results of Chairmen Brooks and Dingell's efforts to fashion a bill that maintains the ground rules under which the competitive long distance industry has flourished, and which preserves the exact entry criteria of the original Modified Final Judgment," Bert C.