CEE specifications are determined using a combination of the Modified Energy Factor (MEF), energy consumption based on how many cubic feet of laundry can be washed and dried with one kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity, and Water Factor (WF), the number of gallons needed for each cubic foot of laundry.
What does MEF stand for?
MEF stands for Modified Energy Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEF
We have 163 other meanings of MEF in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry Expansion Fund
- Ministry of Environment and Forestry (various locations)
- Mission Endowment Fund (various organizations)
- Mission Equipment Facility
- Mission Essential Force
- Mission Essential Function
- Mission Execution Forecast (Air Force Weather Briefings)
- Mobile Entertainment Forum
- Mobility Enhancement Fund
- Modernized E-File (IRS)
- Montville Education Foundation
- Mother Earth Foundation (Philippines)
- Mouse Embryo Feeder (cells)
- Mouse Embryonic Fibroblast
- Museo Paleontológico Egidio Feruglio (Patagonia, Argentina)
- Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward)
- MDR1 (Multi-Drug Resistance 1) Promoter-Enhancing Factor 1
- Motor-Evoked Field 1
- Mitochondrial Elongation Factor-G (genetics)
- Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2
Samples in periodicals archive:
Modified Energy Factor (MEF) measures total energy consumption per cycle, including the dryer energy used to remove moisture in washed items.
5 gallons Clothes washers: Minimum Modified Energy Factor of 2.
The frontload boasts ENERGY STAR[R] approval for its energy efficient design attaining a modified energy factor (mef) of 18.
Consumers can get $50 back from New Jersey's Clean Energy Program when they purchase eligible ENERGY STAR qualified clothes washers with a Modified Energy Factor (MEF) of 2.
Under the campaign, NEEA's ENERGY STAR Consumer Products program partnered with the region's electric utilities to offer tiered rebates providing larger incentives for the highest efficiency clothes washers with a modified energy factor (MEF) of 1.