Although Arabic courses for English-speaking students have conventionally covered only Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)--the language of literature and the traditional media--a growing number of language programs have now begun to integrate dialectical Arabic into their curriculums alongside MSA, thus bolstering the demand for high-quality resources that consider these varieties.
What does MSA stand for?
MSA stands for Modern Standard Arabic
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MSA
We have 669 other meanings of MSA in our Acronym Attic
- Missionary Sisters of Ajmeer
- Mississippi Society of Anesthesiologists
- Missouri Scholars Academy
- Missouri Society of Anesthesiologists
- Missouri Students Association
- Mobile Satellite Antenna (communications)
- Mobile Service Agent
- Mobile Subscriber Access
- Modeling, Simulation & Analysis (various organizations)
- Modern Sciences and Arts University (Egypt)
- Modular SAN Array (HP)
- Modular System Approach
- Mohair Council of America (San Angelo, Texas)
- Moldflow Structural Alliance (software)
- Molecular Surface Area
- Molino Santa Ana (Guatemala)
- Molloy Software Associates
- Monang Sianipar Abadi (Indonesia freight company)
- Monash Student Association (Clayton) Inc (Australia)
- Mono-Slot Antenna
Samples in periodicals archive:
He completed his Master of Science in the fall of 2006 at which time the Marine Corps sent him to Fes, Morocco, to study Modern Standard Arabic at the Arabic Language Institute in Fes.
He pays Ameer a fine compliment in suggesting that perhaps Al-Mutanabbi could himself have read "Judgment Day" with ease -- something Wright believes the poet would have been unable to with a 21st-century newspaper written in Modern Standard Arabic.
95 Paperback PJ6095 This classroom text introduces written and oral Modern Standard Arabic to the English-language adult learner with no prior knowledge of the language and is intended to bring the students' abilities from "novice low" to "novice high.
The open day timetable is as follows: Arabic: Young learners beginner modern standard Arabic (MSA) from 3pm to 3.
Beyond budget, an important consideration is whether to focus on Modern Standard Arabic or Egyptian dialect.
The language of the cartoon is Modern Standard Arabic, but the Yemeni actors --both adults and children- who lend their voices to its characters give the production a local twist.
17) In first-year Arabic, students are often surprised and disappointed to discover that the language they will be studying, Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), is not the language of everyday conversation.