The closing acts were the big, beautiful Count Basie Band and The Modern Jazz Quartet.
What does MJQ stand for?
MJQ stands for Modern Jazz Quartet
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MJQ
We have 3 other meanings of MJQ in our Acronym Attic
- MILSATCOM Joint Program Office
- MILSTAR Joint Program Office
- Maroubra Junction Public School (Australia)
- Michigan Journal of Political Science
- Midwest Journal of Political Science (Midwest Political Science Association)
- Moldavian Journal of the Physical Sciences
- Michael Jackson Polish Team (website)
- Massachusetts JobQuest (job postings website)
- Michael J Quill (NY bus depot)
- Milt Jackson Quintet (band)
- Maintenance Job Request
- Majoor (Dutch)
- Major (German: a military rank)
- Major Job Requirements
- Major Job Responsibility
- Making Jesus Real (church)
- Movies Just Right (MJR Theatres, Southeast Michigan)
- Marana Junior Rodeo Association (Arizona)
- Michael Jantzi Research Associates, Inc.
- Mid Jersey Respiratory Associates
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 Jim Hart's modern jazz quartet, Clwyd Theatr Cymru, Mold, Tuesday The three-times winner at the British Jazz Awards and Parliamentary Jazz Award is joined by pianist Barry Green, bass player Matt Ridley and drummer Steve Brown.
The absence of bass is never really noticed, and the interaction between vibes and piano can't help but remind the older listener of Milt Jackson and John Lewis in the Modern Jazz Quartet.
After his brother joined Atlantic in 1956, the label attracted many of the most inventive jazz musicians of the era, including Coltrane, Charles Mingus, the Modern Jazz Quartet and Ornette Coleman.
The family cachet did not stop there because Eric's uncle was the composer/pianist John Lewis, of the ground-breaking Modern Jazz Quartet.
The Complete Modern Jazz Quartet Prestige & Pablo Recordings.
The son of a 1960s folk singer and the nephew of pianist John Lewis of the Modern Jazz Quartet, he is also the godson of singer/ actor PaulRobeson.
Eric is the son of famous sixties folk singer Leon Bibb and his uncle is the world famous jazz pianist and composer John Lewis, of the Modern Jazz Quartet fame.