This edition has new questions, new hypothetical problems that incorporate the Model Penal Code, and additional closing questions in the final chapter.
What does MPC stand for?
MPC stands for Model Penal Code
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MPC
We have 628 other meanings of MPC in our Acronym Attic
- Mission Planning Cell (US DoD)
- Mission Planning Center
- Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical Corporation (Japan)
- Mobile Payments Conference
- Mobile Phone Camera (various companies)
- Mobile Phone Cleaner
- Mobile Position(ing) Center
- Mobile Production Center (Vulture Team, National Training Center, Ft Irwin, CA, USA)
- Mobilization Processing Center
- Mobius Prepaid Card
- Model Predictive Control
- Modern Political Collections (South Carolina)
- Modified Policy Code (insurance)
- Modular Port Concentrator (Juniper Networks, Inc.; Sunnyvale, CA)
- Monarch Park Collegiate (Ontario, Canada)
- Monetary Policy Committee
- Monetary Policy Committee (Bank of England)
- Monitor Proportional Counter
- Monolayer Protected Clusters
- Montana Power Company (now called NorthWestern Energy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Model Penal Code states that the defendant is not responsible for criminal conduct if at the time of the offense his actions are the result of mental disease or defect, and the perpetrator lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the criminality of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law.
27) Indeed, that is just what the commentary to the Model Penal Code says.
MODEL PENAL CODE: SENTENCING REPORT 116 (2003) [hereinafter ALI, MODEL PENAL CODE REPORT] ("[A]ll state guidelines systems locate much greater sentencing discretion with the judiciary [than the Federal Guidelines].
However, the defender of the Model Penal Code can't offer this explanation without giving up the quick solution to the problem of private entrapment because the next question will be why it is that an unpredisposed person who is tempted by a private party is not excused also on the grounds that his culpability has been diminished.
A much more significant reference to the work of Gramscian change agents is found in the majority opinion, which notes: "In 1955 the American Law Institute [ALI] promulgated the Model Penal Code and made clear that it did not recommend or provide for 'criminal penalties for consensual sexual relations conducted in private.
The Model Penal Code Before one determines which material elements are modified by the ever-present adverb knowingly in federal criminal statutes, one must determine the meaning of knowingly or what it means to act knowingly or with knowledge of such action.
22) But as the Court had already discussed, the protesters' conduct does not fall within that definition, which, under the Model Penal Code and under the law of 44 states, requires property obtainment.