Lopez-Alegria completed a routine checkout of the Mobile Servicing System that moves the station's robotic arm up and down the truss, in support of that shuttle assembly flight.
What does MCAS stand for?
MCAS stands for Mobile Servicing System (MSS) Common Attach System
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of MCAS
We have 84 other meanings of MCAS in our Acronym Attic
- Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
- Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad (Spansh: High Security Consular Registration)
- Mediterranean Center for Arts and Sciences
- Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Michigan City Area Schools (Michigan City, Indiana)
- Micro Communications and Avionics System
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft)
- Midair Collision Avoidance System
- Mission Capability Assessment System
- Mississippi Coast Audubon Society
- Multispectral Collection & Analysis System
- Marine Corps Air Station (Helicopter) - (New River, NC and Tustin, CA)
- Maryland Chapter of the Autism Society of America
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault (Jackson, MS)
- Marine Corps Automated Services Center
- Mechanical Contractors Association of South Carolina
- Metropolitan Chicago Association of Square Dancers
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The $896 million Mobile Servicing System will be able to handle large components of the station and yet have a sensitive-enough touch to handle small payloads such as batteries, power supplies and computers and operate tools such as wrenches and socket extensions.
Currently the Brampton-based firm is leading a team of Canadian companies which, are designing and building a mobile servicing system, Canada's contribution to the international space station.
MD Robotics is the prime contractor to the Canadian Space Agency for the Mobile Servicing System, Canada's contribution to the International Space Station.
The CSA contract, valued at approximately $50 million over three years, provides for technical operations, sustaining engineering and logistics support for the Mobile Servicing System (MSS), Canada's primary contribution to the ISS.
SRMS units will also take part in three additional Shuttle missions scheduled for later this year to help build the ISS which, when completed, will cover an area larger than two football fields: * STS-106 - August 19 (Atlantis) * STS-92 - September 21 (Discovery) * STS-97 - November 30 (Endeavour) Orbital's next-generation space robotics technology also will be featured on the Mobile Servicing System (MSS), which MD Robotics is building as part of Canada's contribution to the ISS.
International partners attending the meeting include the Canadian Space Agency, builders of the mobile servicing system, and the European Space Agency (ESA) and the National Space Development Agency (NASDA) of Japan, who are each building a laboratory module.