According to Yankee Group's research in February 2007, the aggregate annual usage for mobile packet data services in the US should see a 600% growth between 2006 and 2009.
What does MPDS stand for?
MPDS stands for Mobile Packet Data Service (satellite-based service)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MPDS
We have 40 other meanings of MPDS in our Acronym Attic
- Modernization Project Data Request
- Modular Platform Drilling Rig (engineering equipment)
- Montana Prescription Drug Registry (est. 2011)
- Michigan Purebred Dog Rescue Alliance (Dexter, MI)
- Multiport Dynamic Random Access Memory
- Mario Party Dual Screen (gaming)
- Medical Priority Dispatch System (Priority Dispatch Corp.)
- Message Processing & Distribution System
- Message Processing Data System
- Metal Punk Death Squad (song)
- Monitored Professional Development Scheme
- Multi-Point Diamond Search (block matching algorithm)
- Multi-Projectile Delivery System (weapons)
- Multipurpose Decontamination System
- Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Syndrome
- Meta Phenylene Diamine 4-Sulfonic Acid
- Maintenance Planning Document Source Data (manufacturer information concerning maintenance related product properties)
- Magneto-Plasma-Dynamic Thruster (aerospace engineering)
- Medical Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal (New Zealand)
- Message Preparation & Dissemination Terminal
Samples in periodicals archive:
COMSAT Mobile Communications (CMC), a business unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT), has introduced Mobile Packet Data Service (MPDS), an innovative and resource-efficient mobile satellite data service.
The extended service provides users at sea with a single, integrated satellite terminal that delivers mobile 128 kbps ISDN data and mobile packet data service, as well as high-quality telephony and fax services.
In addition to global voice and fax access, TracPhone F33 also includes Fleet's Mobile Packet Data Service (MPDS) and 9.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040820/RESEARCH ) The market for mobile packet data services picks up strength.
In addition to two pay-by-minute ISDN options (128 Kbps and the original 64 Kbps), the Tracphone F77 offers global voice and fax services as well as Inmarsat's Mobile Packet Data Service (MPDS), which is billed based on the amount of data transmitted and received rather than connection time.
Fleet F77 provides a single, integrated platform to support both dedicated, high-speed ISDN and always-on mobile packet data service (MPDS), as well as voice and Group 3 and Group 4 fax services.
Marlink's Fleet F77 service via Inmarsat delivers a wide range of services for voice, fax, and data communications at speeds of up to 64 kbps, including the rapid mobile Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and the new, resource-efficient Mobile Packet Data Service (MPDS).