on Tuesday restarted the construction of a plant to produce plutonium-uranium mixed oxide nuclear fuel known as MOX in Rokkasho village, Aomori Prefecture.
What does MOX stand for?
MOX stands for Mixed Oxide (plutonium/uranium nuclear fuel)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOX
We have 2 other meanings of MOX in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Women and Social Welfare
- Ministry of War Transport (UK)
- Ministry of Works and Utilities
- Military Operations With Unfamiliar Forces
- Military Order of World Wars
- Ministry of Women Youth and Community Services (Malawi)
- Magic Office
- Malevolents of Xibalba (gaming community)
- Metal Oxide
- Midnight Oil Exploration Ltd. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Modified Oxford (Agar)
- Marketing Opportunities to Expand Customer Base (Charlevoix, MI)
- Message-Oriented XML Collaboration
- Multicast Optical Cross-Connect
- MOnitoring X-Ray Experiment
- Man of the Year
- Medium Oriented Yarn (product)
- Memories of Yesterday (figurines)
- Minister of Youth
- Models of Yesteryear (collectible toy cars)
Samples in periodicals archive:
15), (18) Complex oxides Mn-Si combination Two different Mn-Si mixed oxide phases are reported and the possible chemical reactions are as follows: 2MnO(s) + Si[O.
UO2 is used mainly as nuclear fuel, specifically as UO2 or as a mixture of UO2 and PuO2 (plutonium dioxide) called a mixed oxide (MOX fuel) for fuel rods in nuclear reactors.
The new dispersion plant will initially focus on water-based dispersions of finned silica, additional products include dispersions of fumed alumina, fumed titanium dioxide and fumed mixed oxide.
Organic pigments featured include reds, blues, greens, yellows, oranges, violets, white pigments, iron oxides and mixed oxides, blue, black and silver, and cadmium sulfides and lead chromates.
The Aerodisp product line includes fumed silica, fumed alumina and fumed mixed oxides dispersed either in water or ethylene glycol.
Ireland is arguing for access to additional information which it claims was withheld from the reports, prepared before the British authorities approved the plant for reprocessing mixed oxide fuel (MOX) from nuclear reactors.
They will then attempt to locate the cargo ships, the Pacific Pintail and the Pacific Teal, which are due to arrive in the Irish Sea within days carrying a five-tonne cargo of plutonium mixed oxide fuel.