During the test, the engine demonstrated a full mission duty cycle, mimicking the flight of the company s suborbital New Shepard vehicle by thrusting at 110,000 pounds in a 145-second boost phase, shutting down to simulate coast through apogee.
What does MDC stand for?
MDC stands for Mission Duty Cycle
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MDC
We have 414 other meanings of MDC in our Acronym Attic
- Mini Drift Chamber
- Miniature Detonation Cord (ejection seat device)
- Minimum Desktop Configuration (US DoD)
- Minimum Detectable Concentration
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Missile Data Center
- Missile Destroyed Civilization (song by MDC)
- Missile Development Center
- Mission Data Converter
- Mission Director's Center (US NASA)
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Mobile Data Center
- Mobile Data Collector (wireless sensor network)
- Mobile Daughter Card (mobile computing)
- Mobile Digital Computer (used in Washington, DC police cars)
- Model Design Construction (hobby models; UK)
- Model Die Casting (model railroad manufacturer)
- Modeling Decision Council
- Modem Daughter Card
- Moderately Developed Country
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the test, the engine demonstrated a full mission duty cycle, mimicking the flight of the company's suborbital New Shepard vehicle by thrusting at 110,000 pounds in a 145-second boost phase, shutting down to simulate coast through apogee.
The next run, scheduled for February, will use three engines operating for a full first stage mission duty cycle of three minutes.