The crime--also known as missing trader intra-community fraud (MTIC) has sparked a series of court cases and police investigation within Britain, but there has also been a legislative response.
What does MTIC stand for?
MTIC stands for Missing Trader Intra-Community (UK tax fraud)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MTIC
We have 5 other meanings of MTIC in our Acronym Attic
- Wolfson Unit for Marine Technology and Industrial Aerodynamics (UK)
- Maroochy Tourism Industry Advisory Board (Australia)
- Manufacturing Technology Information Analysis Center
- Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines, Inc.
- Malaysian Timber Industry Board
- Merthyr Tydfil institute for the Blind (UK)
- Music That Isn't Bad
- Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado (Denver, Colorado)
- Military Targeting Intelligence Committee (US DoD)
- Minnesota Tree Improvement Cooperative
- Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (symposium)
- Mononuclear Tumor Inflammatory Cells (breast cancer)
- Manager Total Item Data
- Markets, Trade and Institutions Division (International Food Policy Research Institute)
- Middle Tennessee Industrial Development Association
- MIP (Multilateral Interoperability Programme) Technical Interface Design Plan
- Managing the Technology-Intensive Enterprise (seminar; Babson College; Massachusetts)
- Maximum Time Interval Error
- Medium Term Income and Expenditure Framework (South Africa)
- Minority Teacher Identification and Enrichment Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Measuring Britain's trade with the rest of the EU accurately is proving difficult because of the sheer volume of a VAT scam known as missing trader intra-community (MTIC), or "carousel" fraud.
Carousel fraud, also known as Missing Trader Intra-Community fraud, involves goods bought VAT-free from other EC member states and sold by fraudsters at VAT inclusive prices.