is being awarded a $21,066,612 not-to-exceed letter contract for NATO SEASPARROW surface missile systems MK57 MOD 12/13, guided missile launching system MK29 MOD 5, and assorted spares.
What does MLS stand for?
MLS stands for Missile Launching System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MLS
We have 346 other meanings of MLS in our Acronym Attic
- Microwave Leasing Services (tower services firm located in Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina)
- Microwave Limb Sounder
- Microwave Scan Beam Landing System (NASA; space shuttle)
- Mid-Latitude Summer (meteorology)
- Mid-Line Shift
- Miles City, MT, USA - Miles City (airport code)
- Minimal Language Skills (clinical settings to describe clients who lack communication skills)
- Minimum Living Standard
- Mobile Linux Software
- Mobile Location Service
- Modified Lloyd Search
- Modular Load System
- Mont-La-Salle (Ain Seadé- Beirut- Lebanon)
- Montana Loon Society (conservation group)
- Mortgage Loan Service (various companies)
- Mortgage Loan Specialist
- Moving Labor Services (various locations)
- Mudline Suspension (oil and gas industry equipment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, someone who may have been a gunner's mate in the military, would have been responsible for operating and maintaining guided missile launching systems, rocket launchers, gun mounts and other ordnance systems and equipment, as well as training and supervising crews in the use of large caliber guns, missile systems, and small arms.
The MK 41 is the world's most reliable below-deck, multi-mission naval missile launching system with a launch success rate of more than 99 percent," said Dan Schultz, vice president and general manager of Lockheed Martin's Integrated Defense Technologies line of business.
Rolling Airframe Missile Block 2 will be compatible with existing Rolling Airframe Missile launching systems and the SeaRAM Anti-Ship Missile Defense System.
The MK 41 VLS is considered the worldwide standard in shipboard missile launching systems.
Included in the Rolling Airframe Missile Guided Missile Launching System is a 21-round launcher with supporting below-deck controls and intuitive control interface.
The MK 41 Vertical Launching System is a missile launching system used on U.
The contract for the below-deck missile launching systems is a modification to an existing Foreign Military Sales contract with the U.