The IAI-Elta EL/M-2160 Missile Approach Warning System employs a pulse-Doppler sensor to detect and track incoming threats.
What does MAWS stand for?
MAWS stands for Missile Approach Warning System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAWS
We have 34 other meanings of MAWS in our Acronym Attic
- Make Afton Water Prosper Schemes (Scotland)
- Mechanically Attached Wear Plate Systems (Caterpillar)
- Multi-Agency Wetland Planning Team (Arkansas)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources (Republic of Uzbekistan)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Rural Development (Namibia)
- Marine Air Warning Squadron (US Marine Corps)
- Maritime Advanced Warfighting School (US Navy)
- Mid-Atlantic Weather Station
- Military Automatic Weather Sensor (US Army)
- Minimum Additive Waste Stabilization System
- Missile Attack Warning System
- Modular Assault Weapon System (Splinter Cell video game)
- Modular Automated Weather System
- Multiple Approach Warning System
- Meriden and Wallingford Substance Abuse Council (founded in 1992; Wallingford, CT)
- Metropolitan Area Wavelength Switched Optical Network
- Mobile Area Water and Sewer System (Mobile, AL)
- Materials Accounting with Sequential Testing
- Missile Approach Warning Sensor Tester
- Math a Way of Thinking (elementary level workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system can operate with most types of Missile Approach Warning Systems (MAWS) and can be integrated into Defensive Aids Sub Systems (DASS).
They include making sensors for a missile approach warning system to be used on German fighter planes and selling electronic tube technology to the Ministry of Defence.
FARNBOROUGH, England, FARNBOROUGH 2000 AIR SHOW, July 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE: NOC) AN/AAR-54(V) passive missile approach warning system has been selected by Germany's Ministry of Defense for C-160 transport aircraft applications.
part of Thomson-CSF Racal, have teamed as industrial partners for the United Kingdom Fast Jet Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) program.
EPAF-unique additions will include a reconnaissance pod system, a missile approach warning system, electronic warfare management system updates, the IRIS-T and the U.
The AN/ALQ-156(V) missile warning system is a fully integrated radar missile approach warning system which uses a pulse-Doppler radar to detect approaching missiles.
As prime contractor, CACI is developing a modular, ultraviolet warning system, called the Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS).