After a missed extra point, the Beavers forced an Aztecs turnover on downs.
What does MXP stand for?
MXP stands for Missed Extra Point (football)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MXP
We have 6 other meanings of MXP in our Acronym Attic
- Magic eXtensible Markup Language
- Maximum Experience Markup Language (Macromedia)
- Marketing Exchange Network, Inc. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Mexican New Peso (national currency; successor of old Peso 1993)
- Macromedia XML News Aggregator
- Matrix Online (massively multiplayer online roleplayinggame)
- Miniature Crystal Oscillator
- Multiservice Switch Operating Software (Lucent)
- Mexican (Old) Peso (national currency since 1861; replaced by new Peso 1993)
- Milan, Italy - Malpensa (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kahut's kicking woes While the two missed extra points by Justin Kahut against Arizona were obvious signs of an off night for the OSU kicker, Riley said it went beyond that to a series of poor kickoffs that made it difficult for the coverage team.
Had it not been for a missed extra point by Hornets kicker Jesse Ortega in the first quarter, the game would have actually ended early in the fourth when David Brown's 13-yard touchdown run would have given Highland a 50-point lead rather than a 49-point cushion (55-6).
A missed extra point meant Sheffield failed to cancel out a lead earned by a Mark Cohen grab and conversion, so the Bulls led 7-6 at the interval of this grudge quarter-final.
A missed extra point by Shane Padeni made the score 20-0 just 5:44 into the game.
And in the final moments, a missed extra point by a sophomore kicker who could not believe what he'd just done.
Even still, Auburn could have at least played for overtime if it wasn’t for a missed extra point by sophomore kicker Wes Byrum.
There were other penalties that hurt Palmdale, including a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for celebrating a touchdown that led to a missed extra point, and a holding penalty that negated a first-down pass on a fake punt.