National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) earlier working under the defunct Ministry of Women Development has been placed under the administrative control of Ministry of Human Rights, the official added.
What does MOWD stand for?
MOWD stands for Ministry of Women Development (Pakistan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MOWD
- Mustered Out With Battery (military terminology)
- Meals on Wheels Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Military Officers' Wives Club
- Ministry of Water Conservancy
- Maritime Organisation of West and Central Africa
- Ministry of Women and Children Affairs
- Meals on Wheels Community Services
- Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare (Nepal)
- Mayor's Office of Workforce Development (Chicago)
- MidNight Oil Warehouse Direct (baking supplies retailer)
- Ministry of Women Development and Family Affairs (Somalia)
- Maps of Western Europe (Tomtom navigation software add-on)
- Ministry of Water and Electricity (Saudi Arabia)
- Ministry of Water and Environment (various nations)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Ministry of Water and Environmental Protection (Romania)
- Management Operations Working Group
- Market Operator Working Group (Ministerial Council on Energy; Australia)
- Mass Optimized Webpage Generation (software)
- Mission Operations Working Group (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The project was financed by Ministry of Women Development as it released Rs.
Ministry of Women Development Secretary Batool Iqbal Qureshi informed the committee, that the project of GRAP was initiated in 2005 to help and improve the status of women through fiscal, political, legal and institutional reforms in the government structures at the federal, provincial and district levels, to ensure gender equality in the society.
Such anomalies in the public funds by the federal ministries is the open act of looting the public funds, which should be checked immediate action should be taken, chairman PAC, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said Ministry of Livestock and Diary Development, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Women Development and Ministry of Social Welfare and Special Education were issued notices in the respect.
The Ministry of Women development (MoWD) was devolved at the end of June 2011.
During the meeting, the ministry of women development adopted a stance that their ministries are not included in federal legislation and concurrent list therefore it should not be devolved to Provinces.
Minister for Youth Affairs Shahid Bhutto was chief guest on the occasion, while USAID official Carrie Adendroth, Adviser to Minister for Youth Affairs Ali Mardan, Joint Secretary Ministry of Youth Affairs Sohaila Mushtaq and Ministry of Women Development Deputy Director Bushra Qureshi were among the speakers.
The commission met under the Chairmanship of Senator Mian Raza Rabbani to review the homework done to devolve ministry of women development, environment, health, minorities, food and agriculture, labour and manpower, sports and social welfare to Provinces in last Phase.