Washington -- A former US security guard has been sentenced to nine years in prison for trying to sell photos and other secret information to China's Ministry of State Security, about half what prosecutors had requested.
What does MSS stand for?
MSS stands for Ministry of State Security (Chinese counterintelligence organization)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MSS
We have 545 other meanings of MSS in our Acronym Attic
- Midwest Sprintcar Series
- Military Sensing Symposia
- Military Supply Standard
- Military Supply Standards
- Millimeter Simulation System
- Mine Search System
- Minesweeper, Special (Device)
- Minimum Service Standards
- Ministry of Social Services (replaced by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development, Canada)
- Ministry of Social Solidarity (various locations)
- Miracle Software Systems (various locations)
- Missile Security Squadron
- Missile Surface-to-Surface
- Missile System Supervisor
- Mission Scheduling System (NASA)
- Mission Sequence Subsystem (US NASA)
- Mission Support Services (various organizations)
- Mission Support Site (US military special forces)
- Mission Support Squadron
- Mission Support System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ministry of State Security welcomes the latest developments on the Protection of State Information Bill.
The police chief, Wang Lijun, was escorted to Beijing by officials from the Ministry of State Security after spending a night in the consulate.
However he said his ministry of state security remained committed to the bill.
For example, the report said that China's ministry of state security fears an influx of Western values "will make it more difficult for the Communist Party to dominate public discourse on questions concerning human rights, transparency and accountability.
China's Ministry of State Security dedicates most of its efforts to spying on America.
DURING a recent trip to Berlin, I had the privilege of seeing inside the former East German Ministry of State Security (Stasi) headquarters.
Citing CIA sources, Macrakis shows that half of the agents infiltrated into Western institutions by the foreign intelligence arm of the Ministry of State Security belonged to the Sector for Science and Technology (SWT).