In addition, according to David (1995), he is the original source for the following commonly used terminology in statistics and econometrics: minimum variance unbiased estimator (Aitken & Silverstone, 1942) and probability function (Aitken, 1939b).
What does MVU stand for?
MVU stands for Minimum Variance Unbiased (estimator)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MVU
We have 12 other meanings of MVU in our Acronym Attic
- MERA VoIP Transit Softswitch (MERA Systems)
- Money or Value Transfer Services
- Motor Vehicle Tampering Survey
- Motor Vehicle Theft Service (Texas)
- Motor Vehicle Tire Safety Regulations (Ontario, Canada)
- Mean Vascular Transit Time
- Mississippi Valley Trade & Transport Council (New Orleans, Louisiana.)
- Maharishi Vedic University (Cambodia)
- Mediterranean Virtual University (Eumedis project)
- Michigan Virtual University
- Mobile Video Unit (Vulture Team, National Training Center Ft Irwin, CA, USA)
- Montevideo Unit (measurement of uterine activity)
- Metro Vancouver Urban Aboriginal Strategy (Canada)
- Minimum Variance Unbiased (estimator)
- Mon Valley Unemployed Committee (Homestead, PA)
- Motor Vehicle User's Charge (Philippine tax)
- Mount Vernon Unitarian Church (Alexandria, VA)
- Mallory Valley Utility District (Franklin, TN)
- Minimum Variance Unbiased Estimator (statistics)
- Meanwood Valley Urban Farm (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Estimation of Distribution Parameters, Quantiles, and Confidence Intervals--Estimate parameters and compute confidence intervals using Maximum Likelihood, Minimum Variance Unbiased, Method of Moments, and Method of L-Moments.