President Bush also announced $31 million to continue project development for five other transit projects: the Chicago Ravenswood Line Expansion, the Cleveland Euclid Corridor Bus Rapid Transit; the Las Vegas Resort Corridor Fixed Guideway Minimum Operable Segment, the Minneapolis Northstar Commuter Rail, and the New York East Side Access projects.
What does MOS stand for?
MOS stands for Minimum Operable Segment (rail transit construction planning; various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MOS
We have 281 other meanings of MOS in our Acronym Attic
- Michigan Orchid Society (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- MIDS on Ship (Multifunctional Information Distribution System)
- Military Obligated Service
- Military Occupation Skill
- Military Occupational Specialty (US Army)
- Military Oceanography Subcommittee
- Military One Source (US DoD)
- Military Operations Specialist (FAA)
- Mini Operating System
- Minimum Operating Standard
- Minimum Operating Strip
- Minimum Operational Sensitivity
- Ministry of Sound (London Night Club)
- Minus Optical Strip (acting)
- Miracle of Science (science fiction)
- Mission of Service
- Mission Operational Specialty
- Mission Operations System (US NASA)
- Mit Out Sprechen/Sound (without speech; German/English movie term for shot without dialog)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The series 2000B notes are secured by Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants pursuant to a Full Funding Grant Agreement between the FTA and NJ Transit which financed the construction of the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Transit System Minimum Operable Segment Two.
Starting in 1980, the RTD was responsible for purchase of property and the construction of minimum operable segment 1 of the Red Line, stretching 4.