Instead of creating the necessary 10 to 12 inch incision to separate the sternum, minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass keeps the sternum intact and only requires a 3 to 5 inch incision.
What does MIDCAB stand for?
MIDCAB stands for Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of MIDCAB in our Acronym Attic
- Modernized Integrated Database (US DoD)
- Modernized Intelligence Database (US DoD)
- Multicast Interface Data Block (Cisco)
- Montreal International Dragon Boat Race Festival
- Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (India)
- Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre (Australia)
- Maryland/Israel Development Center (est. 1992)
- Meghalaya Industrial Development Corporation (India)
- Metro Infectious Disease Consultants, LLC (Hinsdale, IL)
- Multimedia Instructional Development Center (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Minimally Invasive Direct Cardiac Massage
- Medical Instrumentation and Diagnostics Corp.
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Occlusion And Stabilizing Technique
- Middlebox Communication (IETF draft for NAT/firewall transversal)
- Missile Defense Communication and Operations Node
- Midshipman Cruise
- Maternally Inherited Diabetes and Deafness
- Mental Illness and Drug Dependency (government plan; Washington)
- Middlebury College (Middlebury, Vermont)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The agreement provides CTS with preferred vendor status to assist selected Tenet facilities in the further development and refinement of the Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB) procedure.
Director of Cardiac Surgery, Mercy Medical Center, recently became the first heart surgeon in Northeast Ohio to perform minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB) surgery on multiple vessels of the heart.
20 /PRNewswire/ -- Renowned cardiac surgeons from one of the nation's leading heart centers today began their first day of hands-on training at the Indiana Heart Institute to learn minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass surgery, or MIDCAB(TM).
The additional 510(k) filings are to obtain clearance from the FDA for marketing the CTS MIDCAB Harvesting Scissors, Coronary Shunt and Stitcher for use in Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB) surgery.
CTS is developing products to fulfill the demands of the minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery market and that are designed to enable cardiothoracic surgeons to perform a coronary surgical procedure called Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB(TM)).
The Company also announced that it will be exhibiting at the first worldwide conference of Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB) Surgery Meeting in Minneapolis in June.