The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said last year that Syria declared a "small amount of nuclear material" at a Miniature Neutron Source Reactor, a type of research reactor usually fueled by highly enriched uranium, near Damascus.
What does MNSR stand for?
MNSR stands for Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (China)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of MNSR in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Normal Service Life (product life)
- Mobil North Sea Limited (ExxonMobil)
- Monday Night Shooting League (guns)
- Seaman, Mineman Striker (Naval Rating)
- German Minority of Lower Silesia (Poland)
- Market Network Service Provider (energy market; Australia)
- Micro and Nano Science Platform
- Mixed Nerve Silent Period (neurology)
- Mongolian National Solidarity Party (political party)
- Member of the National Society of Professional Hypnotherapists (Argyll, Scotland, UK)
- Managed Network Security Services (Rubyworx; Internet protection)
- Manager National Systems & Security
- Matrix Network System Services (Louisiana)
- Modified Neurological Severity Score
- Motilal Nehru Sports School (India)
- Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association (stock car racing)
- Malignant Nerve Sheath Tumor
- Master of Nursing Studies (various universities)
- Mathematics, Natural Science and Technology (education)
- Maximum Network System Throughput
Samples in periodicals archive:
The UN atomic agency, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said last year that Syria declared a "small amount of nuclear material" at a Miniature Neutron Source Reactor, a type of research reactor usually fuelled by highly enriched uranium, near Damascus.
TEHRAN (FNA)- Syria is ready to show the International Atomic Energy Agency its miniature neutron source reactor (MNSR) near Damascus but the current situation in Syria prevents the IAEA from sending its experts to the country, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said on Monday.
Yukiya Amano, the Director-General of the UN nuclear watchdog confirmed on Monday he had received a letter from Russia calling on the atomic authority to analyze the risks of a warhead striking Syria's Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (MNSR) near Damascus or other nuclear sites, the Voice of Russia reported.
In order to prevent further negative scenarios, we urge the IAEA Secretariat to react without further delay to the current situation and to provide member states with full analyses of risk associated with possible American strikes on the Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (MNSR), near Damascus, " Valdimir Voronkov, Russia's resident representative at IAEA, said in a letter to IAEA Secretary General Yukiya Amano.
Inspectors had found "anthropogenic natural uranium particles in environmental samples taken in 2008 from the hot cells of the Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (MNSR) facility in Damascus," the report said.