Bob said: "Many men worked and died in the mines and quarries and the slow disappearance of the work creates a visual metaphor for this.
What does MQ stand for?
MQ stands for Mines and Quarries (United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MQ
We have 5 other meanings of MQ in our Acronym Attic
- Martinique (ISO country code, top level domain)
- Master Quest (Zelda game)
- Maturity Questionnaire
- Mech Quest (online game)
- Medical Questionnaire
- Message Queueing
- Midway Islands
- Military Parcel Post (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Minimum Qualifications
- Modified Quantization
- Modularization Quality (software)
- MonsterQuest (TV show)
- Moral Quotient
- Mortgage Quote
- Museumsquartier (French: Museum Quarter, Centre for the Arts in Vienna, Austria)
- Musical Quarterly (journal; Oxford University Press; est. 1915)
- Mary Queen of Apostles (New Kensington, PA catholic School)
- Material Quality Assurance
Samples in periodicals archive:
1) In support of these ideas, surveyors and geologists were recording details of the strata exposed during the construction of canals and cuttings and examining the soils and rocks in the mines and quarries which were being worked to supply the building materials required for urban and industrial development.
Abandoned mines and quarries are dangerous places, and although the number of fatalities at these sites has dropped over the past two years, we are still troubled by these deaths.