The 4-week course brings together participants from 20 countries, who will be trained by instructors from NCDR and several of its institutional partners, including James Madison University, the Mine Action Information Center, the Geneva International Center for Humanitarian De-mining, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the UNDP, the Mines Advisory Group and Norwegian Peoples Aid 2009 Jordan Press & publishing Co.
What does MAIC stand for?
MAIC stands for Mine Action Information Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAIC
We have 27 other meanings of MAIC in our Acronym Attic
- Motor Accidents Insurance Board (Australia)
- Movimiento Para la Autodeterminación de la Isla de Bioko (Guinea Ecuatorial)
- Master of Arts in International Business Administration (degree)
- Minnesota American Indian Bar Association
- Member of the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (Canada)
- Matching-Adjusted Indirect Comparison (clinical trials; statistical method)
- Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control (Six Sigma breakthrough strategy)
- Medical Alliance Insurance Company (Naperville, Illinois)
- Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
- Military-Academic-Industrial Complex (online aggregator; Firefox add-on)
- Minneapolis American Indian Center (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mycobacterium Avium Intracellulare Complex
- Member of the Australian Institute for Commercial Arbitration
- Maine Alliance for the International Criminal Court (Waldoboro, ME)
- Minnesota American Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Minimum Akaike Information Criterion Estimation
- Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania
- Madison Area Intergroup Central Office (Madison, WI chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Multi-Artificial-Intelligence-Computer (manga series)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For an overview of this global issue, visit the Mine Action Information Center at: http://maic.
In the Spring 2000 issue of the DISAM Journal, we introduced the organizational history, structure and functions of the Mine Action Information Center (MAIC) at James Madison University that is under the direction of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency's Office of Humanitarian Demining Programs (HA/D).