The newly developed micro controller comes with a CPU core of SH2A-FPU, enabling a processing of 480 million instructions per second (MIPS) on a wavelength of 200 MHz and a floating operation of 400 MFLOPS of powered processing.
What does MIPS stand for?
MIPS stands for Million Instructions Per Second
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MIPS
We have 81 other meanings of MIPS in our Acronym Attic
- Master Installment Purchase System
- Master Integrated Program Schedule
- Material Input Per Service (sustainability unit)
- Meaningless Information Per Second
- Medical Image Perception Society
- Mega Instructions Per Second
- Member of the Institute of Professional Sound (UK)
- Membrane Interface Probe System
- Menards Infiniti Pro Series (auto racing)
- Microprocessor without Interlocked Pipeline Stages
- Mini Interferometric Phase Sensor
- Minimum Integration Protection System
- Mir Interface to Payload Systems
- Modified Integrated Program Summary
- Molecular Imaging Program Aat Stanford
- Monthly Income Preferred Shares (financial product developed in 1993)
- Morse Intercept Position Simulator
- Multi-Instruction Processing System
- Multiband Imaging Photometer for Spitzer (IR camera for NASA's Spitzer Telescope)
- Multidirectional Impact Protection System (bicycle helmets)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1978, a Cray supercomputer processed 160 million instructions per second and cost $20 million, according to Peppers and Rogers.
For instance, in 1974, the Intel 8080 microprocessor delivered one million instructions per second (1 MIPS) for $1,250.
NASDAQ:MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, today announced that it continues the production rollout of its 16-bit product portfolio with a new dsPIC(R) Digital Signal Controller (DSC) that offers designers a performance speed of 30 million instructions per second (MIPS), self-programming capabilities via Flash memory, and industrial and extended temperature ranges.
The computing power in the center has the capacity to process 960 million instructions per second -- that's equal to the processing power of some 48,000 standard personal computers," said Liebhaber.
NASDAQ: MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, today announced that it continues the relentless production rollout of its 16-bit dsPIC(R) Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) with two devices that offer designers performance speeds of 30 Million Instructions Per Second (MIPS), self-programming capabilities via Flash memory, and industrial and extended temperature ranges.
At an operating speed of 40 megahertz, it delivers up to 150 million instructions per second (MIPS), three times the performance of PC microprocessors.
The nXZEN Bluetooth headset has an integrated Digital Signal Processor (DSP), which provides 120 Million Instructions per Second (MIPS) of digital processing power, compared with only 32 MIPS in the nearest competitor's headset.