DoD or Federal specifications/standards * Military specifications (MIL-PRF-xxx and MIL-DTL-xxx) * Military standards * Military handbooks * Commercial item descriptions (CDs) * Data item descriptions (DIDs) [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] From the DSP home page, click ONLINE SPECS in the banner on the left-hand side of the screen.
What does MILSPEC stand for?
MILSPEC stands for Military Specification
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Military Standard Billing System
- Military Standard Billing System
- Military Standard Contract Administration Procedure(s)
- Military Science Fiction
- Military Simulation
- Military Standard Item Management Data Systems
- MILSBILLS Inquiry
- Ministry of Defence (MOD) Integrated Logistic Support Manager (UK)
- Military Logistics Systems Office
- Military Significant Other
- Military Standard Petroleum System
- Military Standard Activity Address Directory
- Military Standard Transportation & Movement Procedure(s)
- Military Strategic Tactical Relay
- Military Strategic, Tactical & Relay (SATCOM)
- Make It Like it Says in The Drawing :-)
- Military Standard
- Military Supply & Transportation Evaluation Procedures
- Military Standard Item Characteristics Coding
- Military Standard Item Characteristics Coding Structure
Samples in periodicals archive:
For over a decade and a half, Department of Defense policy has limited the use of military specifications and standards in procurement actions.
With Defense Solution, our users can achieve significant time savings wh en performing large-scale database production and maintenance projects that meet military specifications," said Daryl Smith, PLTS for ArcGIS product manager, ESRI.
withstood 15,000 hr and offered more than 40 times the minimum protection required by military specifications.
and Canadian government purchases and stocked parts and includes the MCRL/TIR, ML-C, H6, H2, H4/8 CAGE, MOE Rules, DoD I&S, Technical Characteristics, Procurement History, DODAAF, military specifications and standards, GSA, and QPL.
Encased in a magnesium housing and reinforced with rubber isolators and shock-mounted electronics, the SwitchBack is also designed to meet or exceed military specifications for shock, vibration, humidity and extreme temperatures.
OFFICE OF THE UNDER SECRETARY OF DEFENSE 3000 DEFENSE PENTAGON WASHINGTON DC 20301-3000 MAR 29 2005 MEMORANDUM FOR THE STANDARDIZATION EXECUTIVES OF THE MILITARY DEPARTMENTS AND DEFENSE AGENCIES [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] SUBJECT: Policy Memo 05-3, "Elimination of Waivers to Cite Military Specifications and Standards in Solicitations and Contracts" On October 14, 2004, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics signed the Defense Acquisition Guidance.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * high and low security padlocks [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * combination locks [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * field safes [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * security filing cabinets [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * an 800 number for technical support, 1-800-290-7607 [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * technical data sheets [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * high security hasps * vault doors * high security doors * weapon storage containers * map and plan containers * NSNs and ordering information * security chains * security seals and tamper indicating devices * federal and military specifications * newsletters addressing security issues and locking devices * training information