announces the immediate availability of high power multiple wavelength systems that provide multiwatt of continuous wave room temperature power output at one short wavelength infrared (SWIR) and two midwave infrared (MWIR) wavelengths.
What does MWIR stand for?
MWIR stands for Midwave Infrared
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MWIR
We have 3 other meanings of MWIR in our Acronym Attic
- Mountain West Indoor Football League
- Mine Warfare Inspection Group
- Miejskie Wodociagi I Kanalizacja (Polish waste management company)
- Modern World Internet Ltd.
- Military Women in Need (est. 1921; Los Angeles, CA)
- Municipal Waste Integration Network (Canada)
- Missile Warning Improvement Program (US DoD)
- Million Whetstones Instructions Per Second (CPU benchmark)
- Mammalian-Wide Interspersed Repeat
- Medium Wavelength Infrared
- Midwest Import Racing
- Midwest Independant Radicals (gaming clan)
- Millimeter-Wave Imaging Radar
- Marine WWMCCS Information System
- Materials Writers Interest Section (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Maximum Weight Independent Set
- Minority Women in Science (Washington, DC)
- Mission World Information Service
- Mountain Weather Information Service (UK)
- Mount Washington Icing Sensors Project (New Hampshire)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The efficiency of TECs has a direct impact on the variety of applications for military imaging systems that cover visible, near infrared (NIR), shortwave infrared, (SWIR), midwave infrared (MWIR) and longwave infrared (LWIR) spectral bands.
These existing systems are effective at a maximum distance of just a few hundred meters and are not capable of being used with the midwave infrared (MWIR) or longwave infrared (LWIR) viewers.