The Middle East Youth Initiative (MEYI), a Dubai-based partnership between the Dubai School of Government and the Wolfensohn Centre for Development at Brookings, set up in 2006, estimates that unemployment may range "from 20 to 30% in the most countries in the region, but exceed 45% in some countries" such as Algeria and Iraq.
What does MEYI stand for?
MEYI stands for Middle East Youth Initiative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Maximum Economic Yield
- Meghauli, Nepal - Meghauli (Airport Code)
- Metuchen-Edison YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association; New Jersey)
- Ministry of Education and Youth (Moldova)
- Multicultural Education and Youth Association (UK)
- Madresfield Early Years Centre (UK)
- Meycauayan (Philippines)
- Malt Extract-Yeast Extract
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Employment (Malta)
- Middle East Youth For Peace
- Monroe Episcopal Youth Organization (circa 1960s-70s Monroe, LA)
- Municipal Early Years Planning (Victoria, Australia; local strategic development)
- Minister of Education, Youth and Sports
- Maryland Enterprise Zone (commercial area)
- Mezzanine (theatre)
- Military Exclusion Zone
- Ministerie van Economische Zaken (Dutch: Ministry of Economic Cases)
- Missile Engagement Zone
- Mitteleuropäische Zeit (GMT+0100)
- Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (University of Arizona)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is compiled by the Middle East Youth Initiative, a joint venture between the Wolfensohn Center for Development at the Brookings Institution and the Dubai School of Government.
The research is edited by DSG dean Dr Tarek Yousuf and Nivtej Dhillon, former policy director at the Middle East Youth Initiative.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, December 24 /PRNewswire/ -- - The Dubai School of Government and Wolfensohn Center at Brookings Announce the New Middle East Youth Initiative Web Site and Working Papers The Dubai School of Government (http://www.
The Dubai School of Government and Wolfensohn Center at Brookings Announce the New Middle East Youth Initiative Web Site and Working Papers DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, December 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dubai School of Government (http://www.
The Middle East Youth Initiative, a joint project of the US-based Wolfensohn Centre for Development and the Dubai School of Government, says that 25 per cent of those aged 15-24 in the UAE are currently unemployed, compared to a global average of 14 per cent.
Navtej Dhillon, director of the Middle East Youth Initiative and fellow at the Wolfensohn Center, states: "These are testing times for reformers in the Middle East.