The middle child syndrome was well established in this household with the third-born holding fast to her claim of being the neglected one as well as the one bullied the most.
What does MCS stand for?
MCS stands for Middle Child Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MCS
We have 750 other meanings of MCS in our Acronym Attic
- Micro Controller Subsystem
- Micro Current Stimulation (treatment of macular degeneration)
- Microbial Culture and Sensitivity (test)
- Microchannel Structure
- Microcontrol Store
- Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sieved
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (industry standards)
- Microscopy, Culture and Sensitivity
- Microsoft Consulting Services
- Microwave Components and Systems, Inc. (Northborough, MA)
- Miles-Carpenter X-Linked Mental Retardation Syndrome
- Milestone Car Society (Indianapolis, IN)
- Military Capabilities Study (US DoD)
- Millennium Cohort Study
- Millimeter Wave Contrast Seekers
- Mine Command Ship
- Mine Countermeasures Ship/Support
- Minimal Cut Set
- Mining Certification Service (United Kingdom)
- Miscellaneous Control Subsystem (Juniper Networks, Inc. routers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is even a name for it; Middle Child Syndrome.
Being an over-achiever could well stem from not getting as much attention, however, other scientists have come up with something known as Middle Child Syndrome.
Hanging Up is what is patronisingly known as a 'chick flick' because it's about three sisters, emotions and a phenomenon known as middle child syndrome.
Perhaps it was middle child syndrome - the twins, Damon and Derrel, are 21 months older; Lendl, four years younger - or maybe he was simply following his father, Captain Quiet.
Some psychologists argue that middle child syndrome affects the parents rather than their offspring, claiming that children's behaviour is moulded by how their mother and father handle and teach them.
Hopefully, we won't have any middle child syndrome.