LaserScan is a widely tunable mid-infrared spectrometer that detects substances on surfaces from a standoff distance of 6 inches to 2 feet.
What does MIRS stand for?
MIRS stands for Mid-Infrared Spectrometer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIRS
We have 37 other meanings of MIRS in our Acronym Attic
- Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (Berkshire, UK)
- Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center
- My Individual Responsibility Reduces Our Risk (HIV reduction program; University of Alabama, Birmingham)
- Modulation Inducing Reactive Retrodirective Optical System
- Maison International de La Rive-Sud (Quebec, Canada)
- Management Information & Retrieval System
- Medical Instrument Recovery System
- MEPCOM Integrated Resource System
- Microwave Integrated Retrieval System
- Mid-America Interventional Radiological Society
- Military Intelligence Research Section (US Navy)
- Modular Integrated Robotized System
- Multimedia Information Retrieval Services
- Multipath Interference Reduction System
- Music Information Retrieval System (computer systems)
- Muslim Immigration and Refugee Services
- Michigan Intramural-Recreational Sports Association
- Mining Industry Road Safety Alliance (Australia)
- Multicenter International Randomized Study of Angina Pectoris
- Multi-Initiative on Rights: Search, Assist and Defend (Lebanon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Almost exclusively today, all mid-infrared spectrometers found in applications laboratories are Fourier transform spectrometers, because of their high sensitivity, excellent wavenumber reproducibility, and multiplex advantage.
MBA also has a lab equipped with eight different types of resin-identification equipment, including a mid-infrared spectrometer, near-infrared spectrometer, short-wave near-infrared spectrometer, and a tribo-electric hand-held device.