Defibrotide's biological activity and mechanism of action were highlighted in a separate poster-presentation, "Defibrotide protects human microvascular endothelial cells from fludarabine-mediated pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic signals: a microarray (Affimetrix) analysis.
What does MVEC stand for?
MVEC stands for Microvascular Endothelial Cell
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MVEC
We have 13 other meanings of MVEC in our Acronym Attic
- Maleic Anhydride DiVinyl Ether Copolymer
- Mesa Valley Education Association (Grand Junction, CO)
- Mississippi Valley Equipment Association (est. 1907; Fenton, MO)
- Missouri Valley Economics Association
- modified video encryption algorithm
- Multifocal Ventricular Ectopic Activity (cardiology)
- Motion Vector Estimate Block
- Motor Vehicle Emissions Budget
- Magic Valley Electric Cooperative (Mercedes, TX)
- Medium-Voltage Electrostatic Capacitor
- Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative
- Mon Valley Education Consortium (McKeesport, PA)
- Multiplexed Vehicle Electrical Center
- Miami Valley Educational Computer Association
- Maharishi Vedic Education Development Corporation (est. 1993; Massachusetts)
- Microwave Vacuum Electronic Device
- Minnesota Valley Education District (St. Peter, MN)
- Mothers Via Egg Donation
- Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (Utah)
- Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance (New Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
coli DH5[alpha] harboring pOrl-1-CTX-M-1 were tested for invasiveness in human brain microvascular endothelial cells (10) and in a newborn mouse (C57BL/6 wild-type) model of meningitis (R.
This tip seems to directly attach to the brain microvascular endothelial cells and then stimulate them to take in the pneumococcus.
HMEC-1: establishment of an immortalized human microvascular endothelial cell line.
Chief among the challenges to be addressed is the need to increase our knowledge about the molecular and cellular biology, cells of origin, gene and protein expression, and the regional differences of brain microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes and their interactions with adjacent brain cells.
Microvascular endothelial cells are under intense scrutiny by several biomedical engineering groups.
The Tissue Genesis Cell Isolation System processes a small amount of the patient's own adipose tissue into a concentration of millions of regenerative cells, including adult stem cells, microvascular endothelial cells, and other cells.
A separate abstract, "Defibrotide protects human microvascular endothelial cells from fludarabine-mediated pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic signals: a microarray (Affimetrix) analysis," will also be presented on Tuesday, March 23 from 5:30 PM until 7:00 PM at the poster session (P 908).