However, for analysis of microsatellite data, the efficiencies of distance measures in phylogenetic reconstruction as compared to the traditional distance metrics remain unknown.
What does MICROSAT stand for?
MICROSAT stands for Microsatellite
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Microcomputer CAD
- Microprocessor Controlled Command & Telemetry System
- Microform Document Information System
- Micro Finance Ltd (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Modular Microsystem for Medical Drug Release
- Microelectronics and the Automobile
- One-in-a-Million Chance of Death from an Environmental Hazard
- Microwave Radiometry and Remote Sensing of the Environment
- Microcomputer Software
- Micro-computer-based River Oil Spill Simulation
- Micro Telecommunications Computing Architecture (also seen as MTCA)
- Micro Test Item Simulator
- Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health (Australia)
- Medically Indigent Care Reporting System
- Macro Interpretive Commands
- Management Information & Control System
- Management Information Conformance Statement
Samples in periodicals archive:
The microsatellite is designed to photograph earth for exact visualization.
Mitochondrial DNA analysis was conducted on concatenated cytochrome-oxidase 1 (COI) and cytochrome-b (Cyt-b) mtDNA sequences, and microsatellite analysis was conducted on twelve polymorphic loci of the salamander DNA from rivers in the Tennessee Valley, primarily from rivers in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee National Forests.
This advancement aided the discovery of a unique pattern of microsatellite variation in breast cancer patients that were not present in the DNA of patients who are cancer-free.
Canada's designer and builder of the Multi Mission Microsatellite Bus (MMMB) and Commercial Microsatellite Bus (CMB), is pleased to announce the development of COMMStellation(TM), a polar communications constellation comprised of 78 microsatellites that will orbit the Earth at 1,000 km, providing backhaul capacity while connecting remote regions of the Earth to the Internet.
Thus, based on the interest to reproduce specimens in captivity, besides the possibility of specimens relocation among different institutions, along with the probability that specimens kept in captivity are descendants from populations early geographically isolated, the goals of the present study were to analyze the chromosome group of Speothos venaticus, in order to obtain cytogenetic data that could be supplemented to the available in literature; to evaluate the transferability of microsatellite markers from the domestic dog (Canis familiaris) to the bush dog (Speothos venaticus); and to verify, based on the obtained results, the polymorphism degree of the selected loci, the genetic variability and the possibility of a pedigree analysis in these animals.
Canada's designer and builder of the Multi Mission Microsatellite Bus technology (MMMB), and innovator of Reaction Wheel attitude control system products is delighted to announce that the MOST Operations Team is collaborating with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to look at a star of joint interest.
Abstract--Variation at 14 microsatellite loci was examined in 34 chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) populations from Russia and evaluated for its use in the determination of population structure and stock composition in simulated mixed-stock fishery samples.