The Michigan Retail Index found that 39 percent of retailers increased sales in September over the same month last year, while 44 percent recorded declines and 17 percent saw no change.
What does MRI stand for?
MRI stands for Michigan Retail Index
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MRI
We have 297 other meanings of MRI in our Acronym Attic
- Mediamark Research, Inc.
- Medical Records Institute
- Medical Reengineering Initiative
- Medical Research Institute (dietary supplements; San Francisco, CA)
- Medical Resources, Inc. (various locations)
- Medium Resolution Instrument
- Member of the Royal Institution (of Great Britain; London)
- Metallurgy Research Institute (Zimbabwe)
- Meteorological Research Institute
- Mexican Restaurants, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Midwest Research Institute
- Migrants' Rights International (Switzerland)
- MILSTRIP Routing Identifier
- Mineral Resources International (Ogden, UT)
- Ministry of Research and Innovation (Canada)
- Mission Readiness Inspection (USAF)
- Missouri River Institute
- Mitsubishi Research Institute (Japan)
- Mixed Reality Interface
- Miyabi Research Institute (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than one-third of Michigan retailers, 36 percent, say hiring and keeping good employees is their biggest concern -- up from 19 percent in August 1996 -- according to the monthly Michigan Retail Index survey conducted by the Michigan Retailers Association and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
Last September's Michigan Retail Index found retailers expecting gains averaging 12 percent.
While retailers across the nation enjoyed their best monthly sales gains in two years, April's Michigan Retail Index found only a minor month-to-month increase in both sales and three-month sales projections.
Michigan Retailers Association/Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Michigan Retail Index March 2006 results Index figures dating to July 1994 are available at http://www.
Michigan Retailers Association/Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Michigan Retail Index February 2006 results Index figures dating to July 1994 are available at http://www.
Michigan Retailers Association/Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Michigan Retail Index January 2006 results Index figures dating to July 1994 are available at http://www.
December's Michigan Retail Index reporting on sales for the entire holiday season will be available on January 25, Meyer said.