In Los Angeles, at a rally of possibly a half million or more, Nativo Lopez, President of the Mexican-American Political Association (and an outspoken Green and strong supporter of Todd's campaign and mine) not only addressed the crowd, but has emerged as one of the key leaders of this new movement nationally.
What does MAPA stand for?
MAPA stands for Mexican-American Political Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAPA
We have 89 other meanings of MAPA in our Acronym Attic
- Manila Action Plan for APEC
- Master Asset Purchase Agreement (various companies)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration (also seen as MPA)
- Mature and Proven Aircraft
- Mechanically Assisted Phased Array
- Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act of 2000 (US)
- Método Aplicado de Planeamento e Avaliação (Portuguese: Method Applied to Planning and Evaluation)
- Metropolitan Area Planning Agency
- Mexican-American Paratroopers Association
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants
- Michigan Administrative Procedures Act
- Mine Action Program for Afghanistan (UN)
- Monitorização Ambulatorial da Pressão Arterial (Portuguese: Ambulatory Blood Pressure; various locations)
- Mutuelle d'Assurance des Professions Alimentaires (French insurance company)
- Military Assistance Program Activity Address Directory
- Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Agents Political Action Committee, Md.
- Manchester Area Pollution Advisory Council (UK)
- Massachusetts Association of Problem Animal Controllers (West Boylston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nativo Lopez, president of the Mexican-American Political Association - one of scores of such activist groups in the Southland - says if L.
Byline: Daily News PALMDALE - The local chapter of the Mexican-American Political Association will sponsor the Antelope Valley's inaugural Cesar Chavez celebration on March 31, which would have been the labor leader's 74th birthday.
PALMDALE - The Antelope Valley chapter of the Mexican-American Political Association endorsed Sandy Corrales for one of the two four-year seats in the Nov.
Also honored will be Ray Teran, Latino community adviser for the Antelope Valley Union High School District; Isaac Barcelona, president of the Antelope Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; attorney Richard Loa; Leticia Wilson, chairwoman of the high school Latino Heritage Commission; Rod Venegas, commission vice chairman; Art Nash, Latinos for Social Justice member; Mario Guzman, president of the Mexican-American Political Association of the Antelope Valley; Roy Ramire, MAPA vice chairman; and Joaquin Robledo, Antelope Valley High School cadet instructor.
Last week, he won the endorsement of the Mexican-American Political Association.
He faces Victorville tax preparer Steven Figueroa, a Democrat, and national vice president of the Mexican-American Political Association.
In the fallout of a case being compared by some to the infamous 1991 Rodney King beating, the Mexican-American Political Association said it will ask the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to order an investigation into widespread misconduct by the Sheriff's Department.