Joining LULAC were the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), and numerous other left-wing radical organizations, including the Communist Party USA, which played up the demonstrations in its newspaper, the People's Weekly World.
What does MALDEF stand for?
MALDEF stands for Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (est. 1968)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Massachusetts Association of Lawn Care Professionals
- Mesothelioma and Lung Cancer Study (UK)
- Master of Arts in Landscape Design
- Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (Fletcher School)
- Master of the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption (biochemistry)
- Miniature Air Launched Decoy
- Multi-Array Laser Diode (thermal imaging)
- Medicare Advanced Laboratory Diagnostics Act
- Michigan Association of Learning Disabilities Educators
- Mexican American Legal Defense Fund
- Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization
- Minority Adoption Leadership Development Institute (National Resource Center for Adoption)
- Matrix assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Mass Spectrometry
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization - Time of Flight
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-Of-Flight (mass spectroscopy)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Marketing (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Married and Losing Everything
- Medium Altitude Long Endurance (unmanned aerial vehicles)
Samples in periodicals archive:
that will positively help English language learners," said Peter Zamora, legislative staff attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, during an August teleconference.
29): The Daily News, in criticizing opposition to Proposition 77 by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, is blind to recent redistricting history and unwarrantedly sees only a rosy redistricting future.
Your tax dollars also fund these illegal alien campaigns, through tens of millions of dollars in grants from federal agencies to organizations such as the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund and the Southwest Voter Education Registration Project.
Using arguments from the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the City Council's Ad Hoc Redistricting Committee voted 3-2 last Thursday to reject the citizen's commission recommendation for District 5 to have a Latino voter registration of 51 percent.
The national organizations joining this new effort include the USHCC, ASPIRA, the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility, Hispanic College Fund, National Hispanic Corporate Council, Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, TELACU, New America Alliance and the National Association of Minority Automotive Dealers, National Council for La Raza and National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators.
Regarding design of districts in the San Fernando Valley, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund accuses Democratic consultant Michael Berman of deliberately splitting Latinos.
Gillium, Vice President, Corporate Diversity, General Motors; -- Mary Jo Dively, Vice President and General Counsel, Carnegie Mellon University; -- Thomas Saenz, Vice President for Litigation, Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund.