The New York Metropolitan Transit Authority, which runs the city's subway system, issued $250 million more in bonds than expected.
What does MTA stand for?
MTA stands for Metropolitan Transit Authority (Boston, now MBTA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MTA
We have 403 other meanings of MTA in our Acronym Attic
- Meet the Author
- Memo To Agent
- Mendocino Transit Authority (California)
- Mercato Telematico Azionario (Italian: Online Stock Market)
- Message Traffic Analysis
- Message Transfer Agent
- Message Transport Address (Sprint)
- Metallic Test Access (Nortel)
- Metropolitan Trading Area
- Metropolitan Transit Area
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY, USA)
- Michigan Townships Association
- Microsoft Technology Associate (certification)
- Microwave Transition Analyzer
- Mid-Term Adjustment (insurance policy change)
- Mid-Term Appraisal
- Midwest Telecommunications Association
- Militärisch-Technisches Abkommen (German: Treaty on Military Technologies)
- Military Testing Association
- Military Training Agreement (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Metropolitan Transit Authority, which would oversee the construction of the rail link, is projecting multibillion-dollar deficits in the next few years and has a slate of expensive projects that are competing for its attention.
The activity was uncovered through tips on a Metropolitan Transit Authority hotline, intelligence operatives in the field and investigation by the Sheriff's Department, which the MTA contracts to patrol its buses and trains.
In Oregon, the Tri-County Metropolitan Transit Authority (Tri-Met) of the greater Portland area contracted with the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office to hire a prosecutor who specializes in transit crime cases.
23 /PRNewswire/ -- METROTRANS CORPORATION (Nasdaq- NNM: MTRN) today announced that they have been awarded a $4,298,300 contract for 100 new paratransit vehicles by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO) in Harris County, Houston, Texas.
Among mass transit systems highlighted in the book are California's Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), New York's Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), London's Department of Transport, Singapore's Metropolitan Rapid Transit, Vancouver's Skytrain and Tokyo's Transit Authority.
today announced their award of an 18-month low emissions bus program to be jointly funded by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority (LACMTA) and California's South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD).
President of the Metropolitan Transit Authority Capital Construction Company, who discussed implementing environmentally sustainable aspects of the MTA capital construction program, with emphasis on challenges faced in building the new South Ferry subway station inside and below Battery Park.