Formed in 1996, AT&T Wireless Philadelphia is a joint venture of Exelon Communications and AT&T Wireless providing personal communications services (PCS) in the Philadelphia metropolitan trading area.
What does MTA stand for?
MTA stands for Metropolitan Trading Area
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MTA
We have 403 other meanings of MTA in our Acronym Attic
- Medium Transport Aircraft
- Medizinisch-Technische Assistentin (German Profession in Medical Sector)
- Meet the Author
- Memo To Agent
- Mendocino Transit Authority (California)
- Mercato Telematico Azionario (Italian: Online Stock Market)
- Message Traffic Analysis
- Message Transfer Agent
- Message Transport Address (Sprint)
- Metallic Test Access (Nortel)
- Metropolitan Transit Area
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (Boston, now MBTA)
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY, USA)
- Michigan Townships Association
- Microsoft Technology Associate (certification)
- Microwave Transition Analyzer
- Mid-Term Adjustment (insurance policy change)
- Mid-Term Appraisal
- Midwest Telecommunications Association
- Militärisch-Technisches Abkommen (German: Treaty on Military Technologies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Platinum I Series is proprietary to Fortunoff in the New York metropolitan trading area.
McDowell's responsibilities also included overall direction of Aerial Communication's metropolitan trading areas consisting of more than 300 employees and consultants.
PCI was successful in the El Paso, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, and Tulsa Metropolitan Trading Areas (MTA) and was awarded a total of 18 licenses, consisting of 10-25 KHz channels each, for an aggregate purchase price of $1.
According to FCC's rules on PCS-cellular cross-ownership, PCS license winners are not allowed to hold more than a 20 percent interest of a cellular provider that serves 10 percent or more of the population in a given Metropolitan Trading Area.
PCS PrimeCo announced today that it would contract with Motorola's Cellular Infrastructure Group (CIG) to provide the equipment required to build PCS systems in its two largest Metropolitan Trading Areas (MTA) -- Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth -- in addition to the Hawaiian Islands, Milwaukee and San Antonio.
APT has applied to participate in the auction of 42 Metropolitan Trading Areas (MTAs) having a total population of 223 million.
The agreement carves out portions of PrimeCo's New Orleans-Baton Rouge Metropolitan Trading Area (MTA) for TEC to build and operate under a national brand name that will soon be announced.