The newly deployed Metro Ethernet network for Pride is also making available services such as IPTV with video on demand; VoIP; and high-speed Internet access.
What does MEN stand for?
MEN stands for Metro Ethernet Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MEN
We have 36 other meanings of MEN in our Acronym Attic
- Memory Write
- Mount Everest Mineral Water Ltd. (India)
- Make Easy Money with Google (book/website by Eric Giguere)
- Main Earth Neutral
- Manchester Evening News
- Master Equipment Number
- Master of Engineering
- Maximum Energy Node (computer networking)
- McCallen (Amtrak station code; TX)
- Menu (File Name Extension)
- Middle East News
- Mikro Elektronik Nürnberg (Germany)
- Ministère de l'Education National (France)
- Ministère de l'éducation Nationale, de la Recherche et de la Technologie (French)
- Ministerstwo Edukacji Narodowej (Polish: Ministry of Education)
- Multi-Mode Equivalent Network
- Multiple Earth Neutral (electrical system used in New Zealand)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Museum of Ethnography in Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
- Music Export Norway (est. 2000)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ethernet OAM is vitally important to carriers, as it encompasses all tools and utilities necessary to install and monitor an entire Metro Ethernet network from a centralized location.
And now that the number one technical issue that was plaguing service providers rolling out metro Ethernet networks last yearCoQoSCois being addressed by manufacturers, and proven by the MEF 14 testing, the Ethernet adoption curve is speeding up.
The CM-110 and CM-106 were tested in accordance with the MEF Test Plan for Ethernet Services at the UNI, which defines the requirements and corresponding test procedures that determine the readiness of a Metro Ethernet Network (MEN) to deliver various Ethernet Services, such as Ethernet Line (E-Line) and Ethernet LAN (E-LAN) services.
Offering full-duplex high performance at Gigabit and 10/100 speeds with low encryption overhead and virtually no latency, the CipherOptics Ethernet Security Gateway secures data regardless of communications protocol and enables customers to protect data in transit over high-speed Ethernet Campus Networks, Metro Ethernet Networks and even internal core networks with no impact on current network operations.
This option helps to simplify and speed up a carrier's deployment of metro Ethernet networks and also helps enable those networks to meet a carrier's capacity and performance needs.
Riverstone Networks, a leading provider of Carrier Ethernet solutions, today announced that Sichuan Telecom, a division of China Telecom, is deploying Riverstone's 15008 and RS 3100 routers to upgrade its existing metro Ethernet network in Luzhou prefecture, Sichuan province.
North Shore-LIJ is addressing its additional bandwidth demands by working closely with Optimum Lightpath to design and architect an innovative Metro Ethernet network that will scale to support all of its current and future bandwidth needs, while also being resilient enough to address its business continuity requirements.