1) The N5, N10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is a key enzyme in Hcy metabolism, A specific variant of the MTHFR gene replaces the nucleotide cytosine with the nucleotide thymine at position 677 in the MTHFR gene.
What does MTHFR stand for?
MTHFR stands for Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (gene mutation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of MTHFR in our Acronym Attic
- Music Theory and Composition (University of Kansas course)
- MYB (Myeloblastosis)-Transformed Hematopoietic Cells
- Mobile Telephone Health Concerns Registry
- Middle Tennessee Home Education Association (Old Hickory, TN)
- Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser (defensive ground-based weapon)
- Moeilijk Te Herstellen Ernstig Nadeel (Dutch: Difficult to Recover from Serious Disadvantage; judicial)
- Master of Theology
- 5,10-methylene tetrahydrofolate
- Most Traversed Hop-count First
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate Dehydrogenase
- Micro-Toning High Grade (also seen as MT-HG)
- Mercury Thermal Hydraulic Loop (heat transfer)
- Metropolitan Toronto Hockey League (Canada; now Greater Toronto Hockey League)
- Master's Degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Metric Ton of Heavy Metal
- Municipal Tax Hearing Office (Arizona)
- Middle Tennessee Hockey Officials Association
- Methyltetrahydrophthalic Anhydride
- Midwest Textile and Home Products Association (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, a greater treatment effect was observed in patients with an allelic variant in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T genotype.
Analysis of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, integrin beta3, Beta fibrinogen, and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphisms in Iranian women with recurrent pregnancy loss.
Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphisms are associated with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke: dual effect of MTHFR polymorphisms C677T and Al298C.
A)Genetic Factors Enzyme deficiencies and mutations Cystathionine b-synthase Methionine synthase Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase Recently, more than 15 different genes are under investigation for their relationship to plasma homocysteine levels.
Fifty-four patients with premature cardiovascular disease (55 years and under for men, 65 years and under for women) who were homozygous for the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C[right arrow]T polymorphism (i.
The G20210A mutation of the prothrombin gene in patients with previous first episodes of deep vein thrombosis: prevalance and association with Factor V G1691 A, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T and plasma prothrombin levels.
We examined the association of hip BMD with levels of plasma tHcy, folate, and vitamin B12 and the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C [right arrow] T and 1298A [right arrow] C polymorphisms.