METHODS: In 304 Caucasian American NTD families with myelomeningocele or anencephaly, we examined 28 polymorphisms in 11 genes: folate receptor 1, folate receptor 2, solute carrier family 19 member 1, transcobalamin II, methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase 1, serine hydroxymethyltransferase 1, 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), 5-methyltetrahydrofolate-homocysteine methyltransferase, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate-homocysteine methyltransferase reductase, betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase (BHMT), and cystathionine-beta-synthase.
What does MTHFD stand for?
MTHFD stands for Methylenetetrahydrofolate Dehydrogenase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Metropolitan Toronto Housing Company (est. 1954; Canada)
- Music Theory and Composition (University of Kansas course)
- MYB (Myeloblastosis)-Transformed Hematopoietic Cells
- Mobile Telephone Health Concerns Registry
- Middle Tennessee Home Education Association (Old Hickory, TN)
- Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser (defensive ground-based weapon)
- Moeilijk Te Herstellen Ernstig Nadeel (Dutch: Difficult to Recover from Serious Disadvantage; judicial)
- Master of Theology
- 5,10-methylene tetrahydrofolate
- Most Traversed Hop-count First
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (gene mutation)
- Micro-Toning High Grade (also seen as MT-HG)
- Mercury Thermal Hydraulic Loop (heat transfer)
- Metropolitan Toronto Hockey League (Canada; now Greater Toronto Hockey League)
- Master's Degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Metric Ton of Heavy Metal
- Municipal Tax Hearing Office (Arizona)
- Middle Tennessee Hockey Officials Association
- Methyltetrahydrophthalic Anhydride