Methylcholanthrene causes increased thymocyte apoptosis.
What does MCA stand for?
MCA stands for Methylcholanthrene
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCA
We have 623 other meanings of MCA in our Acronym Attic
- Mennonite Camping Association
- Mental Capacity Act (UK)
- Mental Retardation/Congenital Anomaly
- Merchandise and Customer Assistance
- Merchant Capital Advisors (Texas)
- Mercy Care Advantage
- Meridian Communications Adapter (computer hardware)
- Message Channel Agent (IBM)
- Metabolic Control Analysis (biochemistry)
- Metal Construction Association
- Metric Conversion Act of 1975
- Metropolitan Calling Area
- Metropolitan Capital Advisors (various locations)
- Metropolitan Conservation Alliance (various locations)
- Miata Club of America
- Michiana Construction Alliance (South Bend, IN)
- Michigan Chess Association
- Michigan Conservation Association
- Michigan Court of Appeals
- Micro Channel Architecture (IBM system bus)
Samples in periodicals archive:
22) The protracted low-dose-rate gamma-ray exposure reduced rather than increased the risk of skin cancers from methylcholanthrene injected into mice.
Inducers such as 3 methylcholanthrene and 2-methoxy-4-aminoazobenzene also preferentially inhibit cytochrome P4501A2 at both the protein and mRNA levels.