Exploring the function of microglia deficient in methyl-CpG binding protein 2 (Mecp2), the protein encoded by the "Rett gene," principal investigator Jonathan Kipnis, Ph.
What does MCBP stand for?
MCBP stands for Methyl-CpG Binding Protein
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCBP
We have 12 other meanings of MCBP in our Acronym Attic
- malignant chronic bowel obstruction
- Marikina City Bikeways Office (Philippines)
- Marine Corps Base Order
- Marlborough College Blackett Observatory
- Mahoning County District Board of Health (Youngston, OH)
- Mean Cycles Between Operational Mission Failures
- Marion County Board of Realtors (Alabama and Tennessee)
- Maryland Coastal Bays Program (Ocean City, MD)
- Mean Carotid Arterial Pressures
- Methyl Cytosine-Binding Protein
- Molecular and Cellular Biology and Pathobiology (Medical University of South Carolina; Charleston, SC)
- Molecular and Cellular Biology Program (college program)
- Macroblock Type & Coded Block Pattern for Chrominance
- Maximum Cardinality Bin Packing Problem
- Multi-Cycle Bypass Valve (drilling)
- Marine Corps Base Quantico (USMC)
- Motor City Brass Quintet (Detroit, MI)
- Madison County Board of Realtors (Richmond, KY)
- Marion County Bike Rally (Marion, SC)
- Medical Center of Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oxidative damage to methyl-CpG sequences inhibits the binding of the methyl-CpG binding domain (MBD) of methyl-CpG binding protein 2 (MeCP2).
Identification and characterization of a family of mammalian methyl-CpG binding proteins.