Methyl CpG binding proteins: coupling chromatin architecture to gene regulation.
What does MeCP2 stand for?
MeCP2 stands for Methyl CpG (Cytosine Phosphate Guanine) Binding Protein 2
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mineral Exploration Code of Practice (Tasmania, Australia)
- Modified Electron Correlation Polarization
- Minority Ethnic Carers of Older People Project (Edinburgh, UK)
- Methods in Epidemiology, Clinical and Operational Research
- Mechanically Evoked Cerebral Potentials (physiology)
- Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program
- Methyl-CPG-Binding Protein
- Miscellaneous Equipment Customer Premise (telecommunications)
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program
- Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (certification program; Arlington, VA)
- Methyl Cytosine-Binding Protein Complex
- Medical Cost and Quality Assistance (consumer aid organization)
- Maine College Republicans
- Maintenance Engineering Change Request
- Minnesota Electronic Curriculum Repository
- Modified Endowment Contract Rules
- Montessori Education Center of the Rockies (Boulder, CO)
- Multilateral Export Control Regime (international body)
- Melbourne Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service (Melbourne, Australia)
- Major East Coast Storm (meteorology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Poster Session Preclinical Data: -- #947 - Globin Promoter Methyl CpG Density is a key Factor in ?
Central to the condition is the loss of a protein known as methyl CpG binding protein 2 (MeCP2), which is very abundant in normal neurons.