It has been shown that although Methadone maintenance treatment method may not cause to complete cessation of drug addiction, it will result in improvement of addicts' social functioning, greatly reduced physical complications of addiction, crime, loss in education, job and economy and also psychological complications of addiction including depression and social and family instabilities associated with addictionn.
What does MMT stand for?
MMT stands for Methadone Maintenance Treatment
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMT
We have 178 other meanings of MMT in our Acronym Attic
- Measurement Modeling Technology
- Meat Marketing & Technology (magazine)
- Médecins Maîtres-Toile
- Medial Meniscus Tear (injury)
- Medisch Mobiel Team (Dutch: Mobile Medical Team)
- Megasite Management Toolsuite (software)
- Merchant Marine Technical (US Coast Guard division)
- Merchant Marine Technical Division (US Navy)
- Meridian Medical Technologies, Inc.
- Metadata Management Tool
- Methyl Cyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl (CAS Number 12108-13-3)
- Metro Mass Transit (Ghana)
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Microcephaly, Mental Retardation, and Tracheoesophageal Fistula Syndrome
- Military Training Technology (magazine; Kerrigan Media International, Inc.)
- Million Metric Tons
- Mini Mobile Target
- Miniature Moving Target
- Miniaturized Munition Technology
- Minimum Masking Threshold
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although methadone maintenance treatment has been shown to reduce HIV risk due to injection drug use, evidence for decreases in sexual HIV risk behavior with drug abuse treatment is mixed (Gowing et al.
Both the unsupervised self-detoxification from methadone, and the self-detoxification from heroin, so as to avoid methadone maintenance treatment were described by participants.
Reducing the risk of AIDS through methadone maintenance treatment.
All subjects were in an outpatient methadone maintenance treatment program in West Haven, Conn.
Methadone maintenance treatment has been shown to reduce morbidity, (15) including HIV risk, (16) incarceration, (17) other substance use18 and mortality19 associated with heroin dependence, and improves treatment retention.
9780826101303 Methadone maintenance treatment in the U.
Martin Barnes, Chief Executive of the charity DrugScope, said, 'We're now seeing the first generation of ex-heroin users on long-term Methadone maintenance treatment reaching older age.