Sue Hunter, from Gateshead, and Nicola Alderton, who lives on the opposite side of the country in Cumbria, are campaigning for methadone to be banned from our streets.
What does MTD stand for?
MTD stands for Methadone (drug screening)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MTD
We have 185 other meanings of MTD in our Acronym Attic
- Maximum Tolerable Downtime (business security)
- Maximum Tolerated Dose
- Maximum Transmission Distance
- Mean Texture Depth
- Mean Therapeutic Dose
- Media Technology Drivers
- Memory Technology Device
- Memory Technology Driver
- Memory-Enhanced Test Driver
- Metal Trades Department (American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations; Washington, DC)
- Metric Tonnes Per Day
- Micro Triangle Displacement (finalRender)
- Milford Transit District (Connecticut, USA)
- Minimal Toxic Dose
- Minimum Tolerated Dose
- Minton Treharne & Davies (chemicals company, Cardiff, Wales, UK)
- Minutes to Date (measuring telecom interconnect traffic and quality)
- Missile Technology Demonstration
- Mixture Transition Distribution
- Modern Tire Dealer (magazine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE Daily Record is calling for an urgent inquiry into Scotland's pounds 36million-a-year methadone scandal.
One result has been a huge shift to the use of methadone for that indication.
Research and clinical experience have shown that methadone and buprenorphine are both highly efficacious treatments for chronic heroin dependency (e.
A couple whose 14-month-old baby died of suspected methadone poisoning have pleaded guilty to two charges of cruelty, police said on Friday.
The Scandinavian country joins a number of countries like Switzerland, the Netherlands and Germany to allow prescriptions for medicinal heroin, or diamorphine, to be written out to a small group of addicts so hooked on the substance that more traditional substitutes like methadone have no effect.
Treatment with injectable diacetylmorphine, the active ingredient in heroin, compared favorably with methadone treatment in a phase III clinical trial reported in the the New England Journal of Medicine.
An inquest in Birmingham was told yesterday that he had used methadone for up to 13 years.