27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- South Korea's Meteorological Administration (KMA) and IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced a project to help KMA and its affiliate, the National Meteorological Satellite Center (NMSC), tackle Big Data for better, more accurate and predictive environmental forecasting.
What does NIMBUS-7 stand for?
NIMBUS-7 stands for Meteorological Satellite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- No Input Mixing Board (Toshimaru Nakamura)
- Not in My Backyard
- Northern Indiana Mountain Bike Association
- Northern Ireland Mother and Baby Action (UK)
- National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Nimitz Battle Group Action Team
- Not in My Best Interests
- Not In My Bottom Line
- Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences (Michigan)
- Series of Meteorological Satellites
- Not In My Backyard
- Not in My Blue Yonder
- Not In My Back Yard Syndrome
- National Identity Management Commission (Nigeria)
- National Imagery and Mapping College
- National Institute of Management Calcutta (India)
- National Institute of Materials and Chemical Research (Japan)
- Network of Independent Media Centers
- Networking, Internet and Mobile Communications
- Northern Illinois Medical Center (McHenry, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NASA animation was created by Kevin Ward, using images from NOAA Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES-14) satellite and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is planning to launch a meteorological satellite, INSAT-3D to monitor atmospheric characteristics viz.
The United States is poised to launch Thursday the latest in its family of high-tech meteorological satellites that watch storm development and weather conditions on Earth from high in space.
E[macron]AuA The 11th agreement signed with European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites, which costs RO326,100, is on cooperation between the Ministry of Transport and Communication and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Primary function: Collect terrestrial, space environment and Earth surface data.
THE EUROPEAN Space Agency (ESA) has announced a new launch date for the first of a network of three meteorological satellites that will gather data in a polar orbit, providing crucial weather information.
95 Hardcover TL798 Meteorological satellites have been flown in near-Earth orbit since the 1960s.