27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- South Korea's Meteorological Administration (KMA) and IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced a project to help KMA and its affiliate, the National Meteorological Satellite Center (NMSC), tackle Big Data for better, more accurate and predictive environmental forecasting.
What does METSAT stand for?
METSAT stands for Meteorological Satellite
This definition appears frequently
We have 1 other meaning of METSAT in our Acronym Attic
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (industry sector)
- Mission Essential Tasks
- Mobile Electronic Test Set
- Mobile Electronic Threat Simulator
- Mobile Emissions Testing System (US EPA)
- Modern Engineering and Technology Seminar
- Modular Egress Training Simulator (Survival Systems)
- Modular Engine Test Stand
- Modular Equipment Transporter System (NASA)
- Math, Engineering, Technology and Science Academy (Texas)
- Metis Employment and Training of Saskatchewan Inc. (Canada)
- Meteorological Sondes
- Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool (Wildlife Conservation Foundation and World Bank)
- Micro Expression Training Tool
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (Japan)
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain, & Troops
- Mission, Enemy, Troop, Terrain
- Mobile Education Training Team
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Troops & Time Available
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain and Weather, Troops and Support Available, Time Available, Civil Considerations (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NASA animation was created by Kevin Ward, using images from NOAA Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES-14) satellite and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is planning to launch a meteorological satellite, INSAT-3D to monitor atmospheric characteristics viz.
The United States is poised to launch Thursday the latest in its family of high-tech meteorological satellites that watch storm development and weather conditions on Earth from high in space.
E[macron]AuA The 11th agreement signed with European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites, which costs RO326,100, is on cooperation between the Ministry of Transport and Communication and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Primary function: Collect terrestrial, space environment and Earth surface data.
THE EUROPEAN Space Agency (ESA) has announced a new launch date for the first of a network of three meteorological satellites that will gather data in a polar orbit, providing crucial weather information.
95 Hardcover TL798 Meteorological satellites have been flown in near-Earth orbit since the 1960s.