5 million, has been awarded to Airbus in the UK and the satellites will be operated by EUMETSAT, the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites.
What does METSAT stand for?
METSAT stands for Meteorological Satellite
This definition appears frequently
We have 1 other meaning of METSAT in our Acronym Attic
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (industry sector)
- Mission Essential Tasks
- Mobile Electronic Test Set
- Mobile Electronic Threat Simulator
- Mobile Emissions Testing System (US EPA)
- Modern Engineering and Technology Seminar
- Modular Egress Training Simulator (Survival Systems)
- Modular Engine Test Stand
- Modular Equipment Transporter System (NASA)
- Math, Engineering, Technology and Science Academy (Texas)
- Metis Employment and Training of Saskatchewan Inc. (Canada)
- Meteorological Sondes
- Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool (Wildlife Conservation Foundation and World Bank)
- Micro Expression Training Tool
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (Japan)
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain, & Troops
- Mission, Enemy, Troop, Terrain
- Mobile Education Training Team
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Troops & Time Available
- Mission, Enemy, Terrain and Weather, Troops and Support Available, Time Available, Civil Considerations (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
announced Tuesday the successful launch of next-generation geostationary meteorological satellite Himawari-8.
Two new meteorological satellites -- INSAT-3DR/ 3DS and GISAT -- are also being developed.
The Course is organized by the Directorate General of Meteorology and Air Navigation (DGMAN) in collaboration with the Remote Sensing Center at the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) under the sponsorship of the European Organization for Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) with participation of delegations from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries.
ISLAMABAD, November 05, 2010 (Frontier Star): China on Friday launched a new meteorological satellite equipped with advanced detectors which will play an important role in monitoring natural disasters, researching environment and climate change.
E[macron]AuA The 11th agreement signed with European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites, which costs RO326,100, is on cooperation between the Ministry of Transport and Communication and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites.
THE EUROPEAN Space Agency (ESA) has announced a new launch date for the first of a network of three meteorological satellites that will gather data in a polar orbit, providing crucial weather information.
Meteorological satellites have been flown in near-Earth orbit since the 1960s.