Researchers, including those from the government's Meteorological Research Institute and the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute at the University of Tokyo, will present the findings at a meeting of the Atomic Energy Society of Japan opening Wednesday in Higashihiroshima city in Hiroshima Prefecture.
What does METRI stand for?
METRI stands for Meteorological Research Institute (Korea)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of METRI
- Multi-Element Transmit and Receive Antenna
- Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children
- Metropolitan Tractor Company
- Measurement, Evaluation, Analysis and Data Processing of Traffic Accidents and Road Safety (Research Institute of Traffic and Road Safety; University of Valencia; Spain)
- Mesoscale Transport and Stream (meteorology model)
- Maui Educational Technology, Research and Development Center (Hawaii; interactive learning materials)
- Mesosphere-Thermosphere Rocket Experiment
- Meteorological Report
- Magic Engineering Technical Reports Service (UK)
- Marine Environment Tests and Research Infrastructure (EU)
- Mathematics Education Technology Research Imperial College (University of London; UK)
- Measurement Excellence and Training Resource Information Center (Virginia Health Services Research and Development Service)
- Multi-Echelon Technique for Recoverable Item Control
- Metrology Requirements List
- Material Essential To Reconstitution Operations
- Metropolitan Extension Telecommunications Right-Of-Way Oversight
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study was conducted by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution chemist Ken Buesseler and two colleagues based in Japan, Michio Aoyama of the Meteorological Research Institute and Masao Fukasawa of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology.
The scientists are from NASA, NOAA, the Met Office Hadley Centre in the United Kingdom, the University of Hamburg in Germany and the Meteorological Research Institute in Japan.
The study was compiled by a team of researchers from the Meteorological Research Institute of the Japan Meteorological Agency and the Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry.
6 degrees Fahrenheit (2 degrees Celsius) warmer, according to Tsuboki, who worked with a team from Japan's Meteorological Research Institute.
The concentration of CO increased in the southern hemisphere between September and November of 1997, according to the research jointly conducted by the Meteorological Research Institute and the JAL Foundation.
The ancient Fertile Crescent will disappear in this century," forecasts Akio Kitoh of Japan's Meteorological Research Institute in Tsukuba, Japan.
A research team led by Michio Aoyama, a senior researcher at the agency's Meteorological Research Institute, says scientists may need to review current estimates that fallout accounted for about 10 percent of environmental radiation exposure for those living in the Northern Hemisphere.