A new technique for the detection of proteins in whole blood samples, microwave-accelerated and metal-enhanced fluorescence (MA-MEF), was recently demonstrated (12).
What does MEF stand for?
MEF stands for Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEF
We have 163 other meanings of MEF in our Acronym Attic
- Materials Exposure Facility
- Mature Equivalent of Fat
- Maximum Elevation Figures (aeronautics)
- Maximum Expansion Factor (bullets)
- Maximum Expiratory Flow
- Mean Effective Pressure
- Medical Education Foundation (various locations)
- Mediterranean Expeditionary Force (Gallipoli)
- Meksika Esperanto-Federacio (Mexican National Convention of Esperanto)
- Mères et Femmes (French: Mothers Are Women; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Metro Ethernet Forum
- Middle East Force
- Middle East Forum (think tank)
- Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation (Zambia)
- Minimum Elevation Figure (aeronautical maps)
- Minimum Essential Facility
- Minimum Essential Force
- Ministerio de Economía y Finanzas (Spanish)
- Ministry Expansion Fund
- Ministry of Environment and Forestry (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has a proven track-record of leadership in the development, commercialization and adoption of diagnostics, and brings valuable real-world experience as we begin integrating our breakthrough metal-enhanced fluorescence technologies into diagnostics and other life sciences products that can make a difference in people's lives.
Shrink Nanotechnologies to Commercialize Nanotech Device Platform and Manufacture Diagnostic Polystyrene Devices for Drug Discovery, DNA Research, Immunological and Environmental Testing Assays and Other Devices Based on Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence Nanostructures CARLSBAD, Calif.