Treatment with an SSRI also appeared to protect against development of metabolic syndrome in this patient population, he said at the meeting.
What does MetS stand for?
MetS stands for Metabolic Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MetS
We have 54 other meanings of MetS in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (UK)
- Metropolitan Command (Philippine Constabulary Metropolitan Command)
- Metropolitan New York Macintosh Alliance (New York, NY)
- METal Reradiation RAdar
- Maintenance Equipment Transport System
- Materials and Equipment Trading Service
- McCord's Emergency Travel Service
- Mechanized Export Traffic System
- Metabolic Equivalents (multiples of resting oxygen uptake)
- Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
- Meteorological Event Triggering System (Atmospheric Technology, Inc.)
- Metropolitan Evansville Transit System
- Metropolitans (New York baseball team)
- Microwave Energy Transmission in Space
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (industry sector)
- Mission Essential Tasks
- Mobile Electronic Test Set
- Mobile Electronic Threat Simulator
- Mobile Emissions Testing System (US EPA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of metabolic disturbances including insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, hypertension, abdominal obesity and high blood sugar.
In intermediate-risk patients having a score of 18-30, metabolic syndrome was independently associated with a fourfold increased risk of recurrence.
This hypothesis is strengthened by a recently published manuscript by Koskinen and coworkers regarding the effects of recovery from metabolic syndrome on arterial structure and function (1).
ABSTRACT Metabolic syndrome is generally considered as a complication of modernity.
1) This finding from a study of 1324 antiretroviral-treated people in Italy determined that a higher viral load made metabolic syndrome more likely regardless of what other risk factors people had for metabolic syndrome.
3 Starting with android obesity, metabolic syndrome seems to be at the intersection of risk factors and an essential actor for cardiovascular events.
The metabolic syndrome is a cluster of metabolic abnormalities, including impaired glucose metabolism, hypertension, dyslipidemia and abdominal obesity.